A tasty, hearty casserole that’s low in fat and high in protein for the whole family to enjoy. Easy to make/prepare where you are letting the slow cooker do all the work. Great one for the busy households 🍲
Prep Time: 10-15Min | Cook Time: 4:15 – 7:15 Hrs | Serves: 2 Adults + 2 Kids
Calories & Macros
41g Protein | 30g Carbs | 9g Fat
- Knob of Butter
- ½ tbsp Rapeseed or Olive oil
- 1 Large Onion, Finely Chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp Flour
- 650g Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thigh Fillets
- 3 Garlic Cloves, Crushed
- 400g Baby New Potatoes, Halved
- 2 Sticks Celery, Diced
- 2 Carrots, Diced
- 250g Mushrooms, Quartered
- 15g Dried Porcini Mushroom, Soaked in 50ml Boiling Water
- 500ml Stock Made With 2 Very Low Salt Chicken Stock Cubes (we used Kallo)
- 2 Tsp Dijon Mustard, Plus Extra to Serve
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Heat a knob of butter and ½ tbsp rapeseed or olive oil in a large frying pan, cook 1 finely chopped large onion for 8-10 mins until softened and starting to caramelize.
- Meanwhile, put 1 ½ tbsp flour and a little salt and pepper in a bowl and toss 650g boneless, skinless chicken thigh fillets in it.
- Add 3 crushed garlic cloves and the chicken to the pan and cook for 4-5 mins more until the chicken is starting to brown.
- Transfer to your slow cooker, along with 400g halved baby new potatoes, 2 diced celery sticks, 2 diced carrots, 250g quartered mushrooms, 15g dried and soaked porcini mushrooms with the 50ml soaking liquid, 500ml chicken stock, 2 tsp Dijon mustard and 2 bay leaves.
- Give it a good stir. Cook on Low for 7 hours or High for 4 hours.
- Remove the bay leaves and serve with a little Dijon mustard on the side.
Want to save these Recipes to My Fitness Pal for Future handiness?
Check out the video below;
Tried this Recipe?
Let us know how it went by posting a pic in your facebook group 🙂