Protein, Starvation Mode & Nutribollocks with Richie Kirwan
Episode 52 sees nutritionist and researcher at Liverpool John Moores University, Richie Kirwan join us on the show to run through some nutritional insights around;
- Protein requirements across the lifespan
- How much protein do you need?
- Starvation mode – is it real?
- How to spot nutritional myths & ‘nutribollocks’
As always, thank you for tuning in and if you do give this a listen, be sure to tag us on Instagram & don’t forget to subscribe for future episodes 🙂
How to Listen/Subscribe
Richie Kirwan is a nutritionist and researcher at Liverpool John Moores University. His research focuses on how exercise and nutrition can improve muscle quality and reduce the risk of cardiometabolic disease.
Find out more about Richie;
- Website: https://www.bemorenutrition.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/be_more_nutrition/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bemorenutrition1
- Insights into the Minnesota starvation study: https://archive.wphna.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/2005-Mad-Science-Museum-Ancel-Keys-Starvation.pdf
- Richie’s recent paper on muscle loss during COVID: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11357-020-00272-3